Come join our amazing team.
Please email your employment history, contact information, references, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking to fill the following openings:
Construction Project Estimator
Payne’s Parking Designs, Inc. (“PPD”), a premier traffic marking and traffic sign company in Virginia is seeking a Project Estimator to join our team. We are a prime and subcontractor of VDOT and other major construction companies. At PPD, we offer competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, and a 401(k) plan. PPD recognizes and values diversity.
The Project Estimator will work closely with our Corporate Principal to develop quotes for projects put out to bid by state and local agencies and submit to private contractors for consideration. The Project Estimator will develop strong customer relations, negotiate post-bid awards and maintain positive customer relationships with contractors, agencies, and clients.
- Review letting schedules and provide feedback to our Corporate Principal regarding unique or large potential opportunities in advance when possible.
- Develop bidding strategy through discussions with our Corporate Principal to determine what type of work we should be bidding, where we should be bidding and with what resources. Involve Operations in bid.
- Work with finance to ensure compliance with state and local tax laws, prequalifications, etc.
- Work with Corporate Principal to improve standard costing and our approach to estimated cost to get a realistic estimated margin.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to read civil plans and detailed specifications.
- Reply and follow up with contractors in a timely manner.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Understand and learn functions of business model.
- Good communicator; respects co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Candid team builder/player
- Understands the accountability that is integral to the position; focused on maximizing profit and cash flow.
- Ability to interact with customers and agencies regarding scheduling, disputes, changes in scope of work etc.
- Ability to build and enhance relationships with key customers and also to negotiate with customers on behalf of PPD.
- Ability to team with Operations to maximize understanding of capacity, execution and profitability.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years Road/Highway Construction Estimating experience, preferably in Traffic Safety or Pavement Marking.
- Computer training will be required for Foundations software program, skills also required in Excel and Word.
- Understanding of the financial aspects of job costing and “bid to actual results”.
- Ability to “build” the project to determine the best approach to building the estimate.
- Understanding of the various equipment utilized within the scope of the operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate the scope of work, cost basis and margin in the bid review process, including detailed cost components.
- Must be able to read and understand civil blueprints and or plans.
- Must be computer literate in order to perform take offs and send proposal electronically.
- Must be willing to attend seminars and training as needed such as Pavement Marking Technician certification.
- Must have excellent math skills both on paper and electronically.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Financial Management or related field preferred but willing to train.
Payne's Parking Designs is currently looking to hire Class A & B CDL drivers. This position is not limited strictly to driving. This position will also provide support to our ground crew.
Pavement Marking Technicians & Field Laborers
Payne's Parking Design is currently looking to hire Pavement Marking Technicians and Laborers. Potential employees must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and good communication skills. As a Pavement Marking Technician and Laborer, the hours can vary so flexibility in work schedule is required. For this position, no prior experience necessary. Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain and removed traffic signage
- Assist in the installation of pavement marking paint and tape
- Operate equipment to apply thermoplastic pavement markings
- Flag traffic
- Operate controls on various Pavement Marking Trucks and Equipment.
- Ability to drive follow-up truck during roadway striping projects.
- Skills in the use and care of tools, equipment and materials
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, bend, walk, and work in adverse weather conditions
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
- Demonstrate positive behaviors of a successful teammate
- Pass a mandatory drug test
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Life Insurance
- 401k With Generous Company Contribution
- Sign On Bonus
Please apply in person at 5313 Ritchie Road, Bealeton, VA 22712, Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 3:00 M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. If you are unable to apply in person during these times please call and arrange a time. Payne's Parking Design, Inc. is currently hiring on the spot for those individuals who are qualified.
Payne's Parking Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact management located at 5313 Ritchie Road, Bealeton, VA 22712 or at (540) 439-8513.