Come join our amazing team.
Please email your employment history, contact information, references, etc. to email@example.com.
We are currently looking to fill the following openings:
General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of the general ledger related activities. This is a new position to assist with the overall accounting function, and this person will work closely together with others already having separate responsibilities in A/R, A/P Inventory, Payroll and H/R. This position reports to ownership and the Controller.
- Understanding overall general ledger integration with the other essential accounting related functions of A/R, A/P, Inventory and Payroll.
- Monitor fixed asset acquisitions, sales and disposals.
- Maintain fixed asset and debt schedules and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of all general ledger accounts including bank reconciliations and intercompany accounts.
- Daily cash management and weekly cash activity report.
- Preparation of journal entries and reclassifications.
- Prepare and/or assist with monthly and year-end financial statements, including annual review by external accountants.
- Prepare and/or assist with annual filings including business license returns, personal property tax returns, state contractor requalification packages, State Corporation Commission filings, etc.
- Assist with other accounting related tasks and other duties as necessary.
**Position Type and Expected Hours of Work**
- Financial Management.
- Ethical Conduct/Confidentiality
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in the accounting field
- Experience with Foundation Software system and Quick Books/QBPOS a plus but not required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organized, accuracy and detail oriented.
- Team Player able to work with others to accomplish any given task.
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Excel and Word (basic spreadsheet applications required)
The Project Estimator will work closely with our Owner/President to develop quotes for projects put out to bid by state and local agencies and submit to contractors for consideration. The Project Estimator will develop strong customer relations, negotiate post-bid awards and maintain positive customer relationships with contractors, agencies, and clients.
**Key Leadership Competencies**
- Review letting schedules and provide feedback to our Owner/President regarding unique or large potential opportunities in advance when possible.
- Develop bidding strategy through discussions with our Owner/President to determine what type of work we should be bidding, where we should be bidding and with what resources. Involve Ops in bid.
- Work with finance to ensure compliance with state and local tax laws, pre quals, etc.
- Work with Owner/President to improve standard costing and our approach to estimated cost to get a realistic estimated margin.
**Education, Experience & Skills Required**
- Good communicator; respects co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Candid team builder/player
- Understands the accountability that is integral to the position; focused on maximizing profit and cash flow.
- Ability to interact with customers and agencies regarding scheduling, disputes, changes in scope of work etc.
- Ability to build and enhance relationships with key customers and also to negotiate with customers on behalf of PPD.
- Ability to team with Operations to maximize understanding of capacity, execution and profitability.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years Road/Highway Construction Estimating experience, preferably in Traffic Safety or Pavement Marking.
- Computer training will be required for Foundations software program, skills also required in Excel and Word.
- Understanding of the financial aspects of job costing and “bid to actual results”.
- Ability to “build” the project to determine the best approach to building the estimate.
- Understanding of the various equipment utilized within the scope of the operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate the scope of work, cost basis and margin in the bid review process, including detailed cost components.
- Must be able to read and understand civil and architectural blueprints and or plans.
- Must be computer literate in order to perform take offs and send proposal electronically.
- Must be willing to attend seminars and training as needed such at PMT certification.
- Must have excellent math skills both on paper and electronically.
- Degree in Construction Management, Financial Management or related field preferred.
Truck & Equipment Mechanic
Payne's Parking Designs is currently looking to hire an truck & equipment mechanic. This individual must be able to work on light duty gas to large diesel equipment and trucks. Metal Fabricating, Welding, Hydraulics, and Electrical a plus. Must have a valid drivers license with the capability of obtaining a Class A and obtaining State Inspection Certification. Must have own tools and willing to work flexible hours and be a team player.
Pavement Marking Technicians & Field Laborers
Payne's Parking Design, Inc. is currently hiring for Pavement Marking Technicians and Laborers. Potential employees must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and good communication skills. As a Pavement Marking Technician and Laborer, the hours can vary so flexibility in work schedule is required. For this position, no prior experience necessary. Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain and removed traffic signage
- Assist in the installation of pavement marking paint and tape
- Operate equipment to apply thermoplastic pavement markings
- Flag traffic
- Operate controls on various Pavement Marking Trucks and Equipment.
- Ability to drive follow-up truck during roadway striping projects.
- Skills in the use and care of tools, equipment and materials
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, bend, walk, and work in adverse weather conditions
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
- Demonstrate positive behaviors of a successful teammate
- Pass a mandatory drug test
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Life Insurance
- 401k With Generous Company Contribution
Please apply in person at 5313 Ritchie Road, Bealeton, VA 22712, Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 3:00 M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. If you are unable to apply in person during these times please call and arrange a time. Payne's Parking Design, Inc. is currently hiring on the spot for those individuals who are qualified.
Payne's Parking Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact management located at 5313 Ritchie Road, Bealeton, VA 22712 or at (540) 439-8513.